Today, we are going to look at a range of statements (one at a time). Individually, you must decide if you agree or disagree with each one. On a post-it note, you will write down the reason for your opinion and then place it somewhere along the continuum. We will discuss the reasons for our opinions.
- Explorers are heroes (perspective)
- Exploration is a good thing (causation, perspective)
- We explore because we are curious (causation)
- NZ exists because of explorers (causation, change)
- Discoveries would not occur if people did not explore (causation)
- NZ changed for the better after James Cook explored it
Why do you think those concepts are in brackets after each statement?